CAM-I (Consortium for Advanced Management-International) is a Non-Profit 501c3 collaborative international consortium of manufacturing companies, service companies, government organizations, state, consultancies, academic and professional bodies who have elected to work cooperatively in a pre-competitive environment to solve management problems and critical business issues that are common to the group.
There are many technology incubators, CAM-I is one of the premier management incubators.
MISSION OF CAM-I: To foster operational excellence in member organizations by:
- Developing collaborative solutions for the most urgent current and future problems that hinder the journey to operational excellence
- Enhancing capability of member organizations through people development
- Exposing member organizations to thought leaders
- Augmenting capabilities through information dissemination and training for improving performance
Ashok Vadgama, President, CAM-I, Phone 512-617-6428, Mobile 512-296-6872
CAM-I is dedicated to fostering organizational excellence through collaborative research and exchange of ideas. Our goal is to improve business processes and practices to create sustainable value. We do this by providing members a forum through which they identify problems and challenges facing them, co-create solutions, apply the solutions, archive the knowledge, disseminate it, and facilitate implementation through training.
- Identification begins with a visit by the CAM-I President to discuss issues and challenges facing your organization. This conversation continues during CAM-I quarterly meetings as well as an annual visit by the CAM-I president and subject matter expert to meet your management team.
- Member companies co-create actionable practical solutions, new models and techniques that address their challenges. CAM-I quarterly meetings and virtual meetings of Special Interest Groups (SIG) in USA and United Kingdom provide the collaborative environment, the network and the co-creation commons for this work. Subject matter experts from academia and industry enrich the network.
- Members apply solutions in real world setting to both refine them and ground them in empirical knowledge. The empirical data provides members with an opportunity to benchmark and share results with other member companies.
- CAM-I archives the knowledge on their portal. All global CAM-I members, can access this repository of practical, proven advanced management methods and support tools as well as how Fortune 500 companies are using them today. The portal houses all past and present deliverables from interest groups, presentations from quarterly and other meetings, current work-in-progress, and member contact information.
- CAM-I disseminates knowledge and provides an opportunity to engage with new ideas through invited speaker presentations and discussions at quarterly meetings and virtual meetings of special interest groups.
- CAM-I provides training by subject matter experts, both virtually and on site, to facilitate implementation of new knowledge, techniques, or processes. A representative from a company that has implemented the knowledge or an academic typically provide the training.
Congratulations to the Risk team for their hard work and tenacity for achieving another milestone.
The CAM-I risk-value curve: Understanding your risk appetite to create value
Every organization is impacted by risk. What determines an organization's success is how well it understands, anticipates, and manages risk. A risk-aware organizational culture and a risk-optimized mindset are essential to being sustainable long-term.
This guideline includes a three-step process for effectively implementing the risk-value approach in an organization, using a valuable risk management tool, the CAM-I Risk-Value Curve. With a risk-optimization mindset, your organization can promote a culture of risk awareness, expand the conversation to include not just risk mitigation but also value creation, and create a comprehensive view of risks to drive strategic decisions.
CAM-I is pleased to announce that Grant Thornton has joined CAM-I. We look forward to our collaborative work.
CAM-I Thanks Their Members for Length of Membership
Davinder C Valeri
CPA Canada - 15 years
Pilbara Group - 15 years
Pictures from the 4th Quarter 2022 CAM-I Meeting
Dr. Saju Skaria, Capgemini Presenting Digital Transformation
Dr. Saju Skaria thanked by Ashok Vadgama, CAM-I President
Dr. Raghu Santanam, Arizona State University presenting Augmented Intelligence and Future Trends
Raghu Santanam thanked by Ashok Vadgama, CAM-I President
Dr. Mani Janakiram, INTEL presenting Autonomous Digital Supply Chains
Dr. Mani Janakiram thanked by Ashok Vadgama, President