By the time it's done, I don't even recognize my numbers
Each pain expressed in the survey implies different situations and concerns to different people. These implications, in turn, imply yet more situations and concerns. These implications have been organized and grouped into issues now showing as headings below. What additional implications do these call to your mind? Please feel free to add your implications to this page.
Then, follow the heading link to a page that discusses each issue. The page includes viewpoints and recommendations pertinant to the issue. You can also add your input to the issue page
- Lack of buy in on numbers
- The budget should reflect the submitter’s numbers
- The submitter should understand adjustments made
- Implies the budget is "done"
- Submitters should understand decisions
- Arbitrary budget reductions from upper levels
- Process owner should be transparent when changing numbers
- Suggests a lack of progress reviews or communication