See Meetings and Events for information on our quarterly meetings.
Recent CAM-I articles
The Metrics Reference Model: A Jumpstart for Business Intelligence Initiatives
“Performance measurement allows an organization to align human behavior and assess the effectiveness of any actions taken towards achieving its mission and goals through the strategy it selects. Metrics allow organizations to measure performance quantitatively and are used widely as the basic building blocks for all performance management frameworks”.
This article is by Shobhik Chaudhuri, Joseph Staier, Shiva Verma, Jeff Lawton and John Miller.
- "Why do nations around the world require financial or cost audits performed by certified public accounting firms like the Big 4 to attest to the compliance and accuracy of an organization's financial reporting, but no such certification audit exists for processes, procedures, and practices that product internal managerial information used for decision making?" - This article by Gary Cokins, CPIM, K.J. Euske, George Millush, Peter Nostrom, and Alan Vercio, CPA provides this provocative question. "Let's Certify the Quality of a Manager's Information" Read this and foster some healthy discourse. Click here
Measuring and Managing Environmental Sustainability: Using Activity-Based Costing/Management (ABC/M)
Authors: Anthony Pember (Pilbara Group) & Mark Lemon (Grant Thornton)
An environmentally sustainable organization balances its current strategic and financial objectives with long-term natural resource preservation and usage to meet the needs of the present without compromising those of future generations. There is an opportunity to leverage accounting tools to effectively manage environmental sustainability initiatives within organizations.
Measuring and Managing Environmental Sustainability:
Using Activity-Based Costing Management (ABC/M) – Click here to read the article
The March/April 2015 issue of Cost Management, a publication by Thomson Reuters was dedicated to CAM-I. CAM-I also has an article on the May/June issue. Read More...
CPA Canada has developed an executive overview of The Consortium for Advanced Management – International (CAM-I)’s Performance Management Framework (PMF) to help you evaluate and improve organizational performance.
The PMF is an eight-step model that can be adapted to meet the specific needs of any organization, industry or sector. It has been used in research initiatives in various sectors such as health care, environmental sustainability, and integrated risk and crisis management.
Benefits of the CAM-I Performance Management Framework:
- creates a common understanding of current and future performance capability
- provides transparency and awareness of areas performing below expectations
- establishes a common frame of reference for needed improvements
- provides focus and confidence to begin improvements, especially when resources are scarce
- informs the selection of appropriate performance measures
- serves as a sound tool for leadership development and awareness
Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (CPA Canada) is a member of CAM-I. Our executive overview provides an insightful summary about how to put the PMF into practice so that you can optimize your investment in valuable resources, focus on key performance improvements, and achieve business goals.